18 September 2007

Off to England

Tomorrow I leave for what I hope will be an exciting conference at Durham University. The conference - called "Locating Photography" - is the first such affair that I've attended. The program announcement is here. In any case I am unsure how much I will be posting between now and next Tuesday.


Anonymous Michael Wayne Plant said...

My name is MIchael Wayne Plant I am a fan of your blog and am based in London and was just wondering if you would be interested in meeting up when you passed through London on your way to the conference in Durham. my web site is www.michaelwayneplant.com and it has all my contact details on it if you are interested.

19 September, 2007 03:16  
Blogger Jim Johnson said...

MIchael, Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately, I fly in and out of Manchester. Jim

19 September, 2007 07:29  
Anonymous H.A. Page said...

We studied visual theory but not as much as I would have liked in political communications in media studies grad program. We're more of a visual culture, thanks to tv, now, and the commercialization of everything. It is all a brand and visual branding works best.

20 September, 2007 07:53  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm here in Durham myself and am going to try to manage to spend some time with Bob Hariman and John Lucaites, and would be keen to meet you as well, having enjoyed both your blog and the papers you've published on it. I will be turning up at the conference sometime on Saturday so will have an eye out for you. I sure hope you look like your photo.

Michael Carrithers

21 September, 2007 09:57  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home