02 December 2007

Convergent Fundamentalisms: BushCo Set to Deport a Gay Man to Iran

Joerg Colberg at Conscientious dropped an email this morning calling my attention to a story Doug Ireland wrote for Gay City News in NYC. Ireland reports on the impending deportation of a gay Iranian man, Maryland resident, Hassan Parhizkar. The U.S. government is planning to send Parhizkar back to Iran despite the fact that this act clearly will endanger the man's life. The ironies here abound and would be flat out comical were it not for the potentially lethal stakes. BushCo find the theocratic Iranian regime loathsome and, as I have mentioned here before, would just as soon invade it in order to halt its terrorist activities. Conversely, of course, earlier this fall, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad notoriously proclaimed that there are no homosexuals in Iran. It is as if BushCo hope to replenish a depleted population in Tehran. Perhaps they are simply and crassly providing the Iranian regime with yet another target for persecution and prosecution; as Ireland has reported on his blog, the Iranians have, in the past several years repeatedly executed gays, including teenage boys.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are they deporting him?
I'm sure they have their reasons which you, in your usual blind bias, totally and uttely fail to consider.

Its quite possible he has a similar character to Hitler except of an Islamic hue, and according to your logic he should be protected from the very country he comes from by the country (I suspect) he hates.

You really are a strange fellow, Jim, and the same applies to all you soft-headed Lefties who prance around talking like they're morally superior.

02 December, 2007 15:31  
Anonymous M.Landsberg said...

Why do you keep insisting that this is the fault of Bush? Just like you, I feel concern for this man and I sincerely hope he gets asylum. But blaming Bush for this is not only misguided but is born out of blind hatred. The poor guy was defrauded by a scum bag, leave Bush out of this. I bet if Bush knew about this, he may even pardon the guy. In fact, I'm going to write emails to The White House right now. Your stupid criticisms of Bush are really tired and unsubstantial. The guy would be in the same position no matter who was the president. This is an INS matter. I bet you blame Bush for bad weather too.

02 December, 2007 16:15  
Blogger Jim Johnson said...

ML: You have a terrific sense of humor! Are you sure Bush would pardon him? That is the sort of step he reserves for the likes of Scooter Libby (who only lied to cover up the treasonous acts of his bosses). As I recall, good old W exercised the pardon not at all as Governor - in a state that loves to kill prisoners.

By the way, last I checked the INS is still an executive branch bureaucracy. More generally, Bush, of course, insists that he is "the decider" so I am just holding him to it. I hope your letters have an impact. I perfer not banging my head against the wall.

Finally, as for the weather, I don't blame it on anyone. It is a natural phenomena silly! Bush is an unnatural one.

Anon: I didn't ignore anything. I linked you to the story from which I learned ofthis ludicrous state of affairs. Is there no level of hypocrisy that you are willing to deny the Bush-ites?

02 December, 2007 16:35  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home