05 March 2008

OCTOBER #123

For the past three days I've been in NYC to give a paper. The paper went fine - indeed, I got lots of provocative feedback. But the exhibition I'd wanted to see was closed Monday and Tuesday, my laptop didn't interface well with the Hotel's wireless, and USAirways has once again demonstrated a truly astounding degree of incompetence. I know, I know, enough whining!

On a visit to one of my favorite bookstores I came across the Winter 2008 issue of OCTOBER for which the editors circulated a questionnaire to a set of artists, curators, art historians, and critics. The general topic is: "In what ways have artists, academics, and cultural institutions responded to the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Iraq?" It looks like a fairly interesting issue, even if the list of contributors is a bit too clubby. At this point the publisher MIT Press- allows free access to the questionnaire an the responses on-line here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home