03 April 2008

Amnesty International Takes Aim on the Beijing Olympics


These are posters made by the Slovakian section of Amnesty International to protest the upcoming Beijing Summer Olympics. My friend Lynn Vavreck sent me the top image. The second, I found on-line. The text reads: “In the name of ensuring stability and harmony in the country during the 2008 Olympic Games, the Chinese Government continues to detain and harass political activists, journalists, lawyers and human rights workers. Get involved." According to this story in the Sydney Morning Herald the top poster has been withdrawn by AI but does not offer details.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger J. R. Miller said...

I recently blogged on this myself and I hope something can be done to bring change... Too many people / nations are interested in profit over people.

06 April, 2008 23:32  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home