06 April 2008

The Really Sunny Days Seem to be Hardest

Later this week will mark the one year anniversary of the day my son Jeffrey died. I dread the week. Today I returned to town from a weekend in Chicago; I had just been at the same conference that I was meant to be traveling to when I got the call last year saying that they were bringing Jeff to the hospital. So the conference was pretty unsettling. As I drove out to my house from the airport the sun was shining brightly, the sky was deep blue. Spring has arrived. All I could think about was how Jeff would be bursting with energy on a day like this. I cried most of the way home.

I miss my boy every single day. And, oddly enough, the sunny days are most excruciating of all.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home