25 May 2008

Birthday & the Start of Summer

This is a holiday weekend here in the U.S. - Memorial Day, on which we remember the military men (mostly) and women who've given their lives in the line of duty. It is really the start of summer and a holiday of parades and picnics. So I've pretty much taken the day off. Earlier I took the kayak my friend Susan gave me for my birthday (last week) out on the ponds in a cool local park.

My other birthday present (in addition to a wonderful dinner with my oldest son Douglas), was a copy of George Lewis's A Power Stronger than Itself which is even better than I anticipated. I will come back to the book before long. In any case, this is a picture of me this today, in the kayak holding up the life vest I got so I can take my littlest son August out on the lake when he comes to visit later this summer. That will be better than I anticipate too!



Blogger Mberenis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26 May, 2008 02:58  
Blogger Jim Johnson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

26 May, 2008 06:51  
Anonymous Dawei_in_Beijing said...

Nice to see you representing UoC! My sister just got into their MBA program, we're all psyched for her. I'll be helping her move to Chicago in August. Do you have any recommendations about things to do or see around the UoC area?

26 May, 2008 11:48  
Blogger Teresita said...

But you should be wearing a life vest too!

Happy unofficial start of summer. Thanks for you recent email. I check in a couple of time a week on your blog. All good, interesting stuff.


27 May, 2008 12:32  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home