23 July 2008

Best Shots (35)

(61) Jonathan Anderson & Edwin Low
Sergiy, Tumbler, on Derby Racer, Blackpool, 2006
(24 July 08)

This is yet another of the very succinct interview/essays that Leo Benedictus has compiled at The Guardian. I have said it before, even though the work of many of the photographers with whom he has spoken is not to my taste, the basic idea is terrific. To the best of my knowledge no comparably prominent newspaper in the U.S. devotes this sort of sustained attention to photography. The samples Benedictus offers have prompted me to track down many of the individuals he has featured.

That said, Anderson and Low are truly talented photographers, and (again) while not all of their work is to my taste, I highly recommend their web page.



Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home