08 August 2008

An Interesting Convergence

"I often say that when I am making a portrait, I'm not "capturing"
the other person. If the photograph documents anything, it is the
space between the subject and myself." ~ Alec Soth

~~~~~~~~~~

"Portraiture in the past has been regarded as a documentation of
a person but for me it is a documentation of the encounter between
myself and the subject. It is not meant to reveal them, nor is it
meant to subject them to an X-ray; it is a departure from that. I
am more interested in the alchemical reaction that occurs when
elements are brought together in a space.

Not so much a collaboration between photographer and
subject, more a scientific experiment - the studio
becomes a lab." ~ Steven Kline

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home