02 June 2009

The Visual Economy of HIV/AIDS

In my last post, I mentioned David Campbell, a political scientist who has done what I consider path breaking work exploring the intersection of politics and photography. One of the earliest posts I wrote here was about the project Imaging Famine of which David was among the principal architects. I have noted his work again several times, most recently calling attention to his web page and blog, which you can find here. Among the important features of David's work is his creative use of the Internet. Well, I just discovered another project that David has undertaken, namely this web page on The Visual Economy of HIV/AIDS. This page, like the one that accompanied the Imaging Famine exhibition, is an incredibly useful resource and an exemplar of how academics might use the web to disseminate research.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home