27 January 2010


Adolf Hitler (with Heinrich Himmler) inspects the Leibstandarte
SS Adolf Hitler on arrival at Klagenfurt in April 1938.
Photograph: Deutsches Bundesarchiv (German Federal Archive).

I noticed the following among the bottom of the page adverts over at The Guardian.
Ads by Google
Counterterrorism Degrees
BS/MS in Counterterrorism Taught by Former CIA, FBI and SS
Do you suppose they really have former SS officers providing instruction to eager future torturers? Oh, I see it means 'Secret Service'! My mistake?

Labels: , ,


Blogger Walter Dufresne said...

This might be too silly to post, but I tend to worry less about SS than SA because of two tiny data points for these hilarious initials: Over the decades I've met only three Secret Service agents; none embraced the politics of the Schutzstaffel. Over the decades I've met thousands of South Americans; two of them were unrepentant veterans of the Sturmabteilung.

04 February, 2010 10:08  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home