24 July 2011

Enthusiasms (33) ~ James Farm

Cover photograph © Aaron Parks.

Plowed Field with Blue Sky
Photograph © Blaise Howard, Getty Images / The Image Bank.

The quartet James Farm has put out a quite impressive first album. The collaborative effort consists in compositions by the members - Aaron Parks (piano), Matt Penman (bass), Joshua Redman (Tenor), and Eric Harland (drums). I can't say where the band's name comes from - try here. What I can do is tell you that they make mighty fine music.

Two interesting asides. The first is that pianist Aaron Parks took the cover photo (above). I've lifted the inside picture from the disc here too. And I like the agricultural theme in my recent enthusiasms.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home