21 October 2011

Kathy Ryan

Among the things that impressed me when I first watched War Photographer - Christian Frei's insightful but overly adoring film about James Nachtwey (whose work I acknowledge is incredible) - was how forthrightly Frei depicted the editorial work that both Nachtwey and magazine editors did to get his photographs just right. For someone like me, who is an outsider to the photography profession, this offered a useful corrective to the notion that individuals just go out with a camera and come back with fully formed images. A couple of weeks ago I made a note to myself to post on this feature at TIME's "Light Box" precisely because it focuses on the work of Kathy Ryan a creative and influential photo editor.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home