08 December 2011

Picture Stillbirths, If You Can

"Each day, 17 babies die before, during or shortly after birth in
the UK. That's one in every 200 births, a rate that has stuck at
that level since 1999." ~ The Guardian


Nearly a year ago I posted about a truly remarkable book entitled An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination. It was written by a woman, Elizabeth McCracken, about her grief and the rest of her life after she endured the stillbirth of her son. I highly recommend the book. I recommend it if your child has died. And I recommend it if you have not experienced that pain too. And, while I have not seen it myself, I also highly recommend the 17 exhibition which is on right now and not much longer in London. Why? So you might think about ways to successfully fight off the urge to cross the street to avoid grieving parents.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home