11 April 2012

5 years

Here is my middle son, Jeffrey, in the summer of 2006. He was on vacation with his mom and brother - Cape Cod, I believe. I'd brought him the Princeton Lacrosse tee-shirt while at a conference that spring. A few months later Jeff died. That was five years ago today. I miss him. It has been a long five years. His friends have been leaving sweet, funny, revealing posts on the Face Book page they set up right after he died. They, his friends, are mostly young adults now, and their updates remind me of all the experiences and events Jeff missed. Have I said I miss him? That would only be every single day. I love you Jeff.

Labels: , ,


Blogger Porter Gifford said...

Jim, thanks for this - a truly informed and moving reminder to stay focused on the things that matter.

11 April, 2012 13:07  
Blogger John Edwin Mason said...

My heart goes out to you and your family, Jim.

12 April, 2012 09:01  
Blogger Public Squalor said...

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.

Thanks again for a terrific blog.

12 April, 2012 18:44  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home