04 July 2012

Unger Interview

Not long ago I posted a link to a now well known video of Roberto Mangabeira Unger criticizing Obama and advising progressives to not support his re-election. As I noted then, I am ambivalent about that advice - in large measure because I find Unger's idea that the Democrats will ever provide a vehicle for progressive politics pretty far-fetched. I have since come across this brief interview with Unger in which he elaborates on his views. Again, while I find Unger's stress on institutional experimentation and his faith (for lack of a better word) in common people and their capacities, I doubt seriously that the Democrats as presently constituted or in any conceivable incarnation have similar commitments.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home