25 November 2012

Bradley Manning

I don't "tweet," nor do I "follow" - although my son Douglas is encouraging me to start. I came across this on FB. And I came across this statement on Manning's behalf by Nobel Peace laureates Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Mairead Maguire and Adolfo Pérez Esquivel at The Nation. People fall over themselves declaring Colin Powell "honorable" even though he lied to the world about Iraq. Meanwhile Manning sits in jail. Here is the conclusion the laureates reach: "If someone needs to be held accountable for endangering Americans and civilians, let’s first take the time to examine the evidence regarding high-level crimes already committed, and what lessons can be learned. If Bradley Manning released the documents, as the prosecution contends, we should express to him our gratitude for his efforts toward accountability in government, informed democracy and peace."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger J.R. said...

I think the lesson here is pretty clear--there's really no reason for you to start either "tweeting" or "following."

25 November, 2012 17:51  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home