08 February 2013

RIJF Line Up Meets Expectations

A couple of weeks ago I posted here about my apprehensions regarding the upcoming Rochester International Jazz Festival (RIJF). Now, as I've made pretty clear here over the years I am what you might call an RIJF skeptic. I doubt very much that the event has sustained economic impact on the city in terms say, of creating real jobs, or encouraging people to brave downtown at times other than the week of the fest. And in terms of what the organizers pass off as "jazz," the entire undertaking is pretty much of an insult to the people who created the jazz tradition - musically and organizationally - in the first place. Consider the list of headliners for the 2013 version.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home