05 August 2013

Can the Hard Case on your iPhone Support Human Rights and Free Expression?


So, onto my FB news feed pops a link from a group called Friends of Ai Wewei who are peddling 'skins and cases' for various sizes, shapes and makers of cell phone. Proceeds putatively go to support campaigns for free expression and human rights. I am pretty sure that neither the Chinese manufacturer of my cell phone nor it's American purveyor don't care what I wrap the thing in once I've paid for it. And irony is not necessarily effective in art or politics, so wrapping my iPhone in this case is unlikely to change anything much. Are there better places to send my money in support of admirable causes? I can't tell from the web pages.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home