24 September 2014


I started this blog on September 24th 2005. That is just over 3700 posts ago. The intervening years have - in personal terms - alternated between the worst and the best of my life. And the blog, and especially you readers, has been helpful as I navigated all that. I have met many, many smart and kind people here virtually all virtually. I thank you all for dropping by. For the past year or so, however, I have found it increasingly difficult to devote time to this enterprise. So I have decided to stop altogether. I hope to keep writing about photography and politics elsewhere. But at the moment I'm on my way the store to pick up the moth balls.



Blogger Natasha Mhatre said...

Good bye Jim. This was a blog I always looked forward to reading. It will be missed. My best wishes for the future.


24 September, 2014 08:12  
Blogger Lillie Langtry said...

I almost always clicked through to your posts from Feedly and will
miss them!

Also, I don't know if you remember but I have not forgotten a very kind email you sent me once after I made a comment about my cancer. It was much appreciated.

Hopefully I will come across your work elsewhere (um, Twitter is great for those short of time?!).

Thanks for writing.

24 September, 2014 10:08  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Jim.
Best Wishes,

26 September, 2014 10:46  
Blogger joaoh said...

noooooooooooooooooooo! (a fan from several years)

28 September, 2014 11:01  
Blogger bastinptc said...

I go away for a week and come back to this? I'm glad we're virtual friends elsewhere.

Jim, your "(Notes on)" has been a go-to blog for me since 2008. You'll never know how important it has been for me, yet I'm sure you have an inkling.

Thank you.


29 September, 2014 18:33  
Blogger Stan B. said...

Like another reader... I finally get to go on vacation and return to discover you've done gone and left!?!?!

Thank you for the years of effort- will most definitely be missed 'round these parts. Yours was a most sorely needed voice of sanity and insight. A class act throughout...


02 October, 2014 11:54  
Blogger trane said...

Dear Jim,

I second the comments above. I have very much enjoyed your blog, both the forceful straight-talk and the very personal posts.

You would not consider group-blogging, would you...? I will miss your blogging.

Best wishes,

03 October, 2014 15:20  
Blogger John Pitsakis said...

Thanks Jim, so long.

02 February, 2015 17:41  
Blogger smiley said...

It is hard to give up a labor of love, but it is frustrating to not have sufficient time for that labor.
Best of luck with future projects.

11 February, 2015 16:50  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home